For outstanding protection of timber call
Cleaning and Stripping
Cutek and colour
- Cutek oils are suitable for use as a clear, water repellent coating on exterior timber surfaces, however surfaces coated with clear Cutek oils will quickly silver off on exposure to sunlight to produce a natural weathered appearance while still retaining their enhanced dimensional stability characteristics.
- IF YOU DO NOT WANT YOUR EXTERIOR EXPOSED TIMBER TO SILVER OFF, then specially formulated colourtones are available that MUST be mixed with ALL versions of clear Cutek oils in order to maintain the natural timber colour character, delay silvering, and retain the "freshly oiled look" for longer. Colourtoned Cutek oils can still look like a clear finish on the timber, depending on the colourtone selected.
- When selecting from the range of colourtones allow for the timber colour to naturally lighten during the first three to eight months after application, as natural weathering and leaching occurs. Colour will last longer on rusticated, or band sawn timbers, and may be maximised by including the colourtone in all subsequent applications of Cutek oil.
- If colourtoned Cutek has faded over time, wash timbers with Cutek QuickClean and apply a single coat of colourtoned Cutek CD50, Cutek Extreme or Cutek LowVOC to restore the original look of the protected timber.
- Please note that the natural colour of timbers can vary significantly.